Frequently Asked Questions


Report benefit fraud

Apply for Housing Benefit

Online benefits calculator

Report a change in circumstances

Report a change of address

Household Support Fund

Business Rates

Small Business Rates Relief Application

Community Safety

Community protection notice

Council Tax

Apply for Single Occupancy Discount

Apply for a Student Discount

Apply for a discount if you have an uninhabitable property

Notify us of a change of address

Pay Council Tax

Register for Council Tax e-billing

Liable person in care home

Council Tax Reduction application form

Setup a Direct Debit for Council Tax

Council Tax Discount Application

Council Tax Exemption Application

Disabled Band Reduction Application

Council Tax Refund Application


Apply for a garage/ground rent plot

Report a repair

Report anti-social behaviour

Pay Housing Rent

Land Charges

LLC1, Con29R & Con29O search

Personal search and Con29 access

Change of an Official Address

Allocation of an Official Address


Online licensing service

Request for advice on the use of an outside area

Apply for a Temporary Events Notice


Pay for it online

Pay for a pitch at a market event

View our Fair Processing Notice

Procurement Contracts

Book of Condolence

‘Have Your Say’ feedback form

Shop Front Facelift Scheme


DCC – report a pothole

DCC – report a faulty street lamp

Council Land and Property Sale Opportunities

Parish review


Apply for Planning Permission

View or track a planning application

Search for local plan representations 2015

Search for local plan representations 2020

Self Build and Custom House Building Register

Traveller Pitch Application

Alleged Planning Breach

Public Health

Noise nuisance diary sheet

Report contaminated land

Street Scene

Street cleaning enquiry

Pay a dog fouling or litter fine

Car parking permit enquiry

Pay a car parking fine

Report fly tipping

Report waste collection Issues

Report a lost dog

Report a found dog

Report an abandoned vehicle

Report aggressive or nuisance dogs

Report a dog fouling incident

Report an overgrown hedge

Report an instance of graffiti

Damaged or dangerous tree

Waste and Recyling

Request an additional or change/exchange of black bin

Request assisted waste collections

Request a clinical waste collection

Collection day lookup

Find your nearest recycling centre

Green waste – change address

Green waste change bin size

Missed Collections

New customer brown bin subscription

Request a new waste container

Request removal of brown bin

Report spoilt, lost or damaged green waste permits

Report missed commercial waste